Date: Monday 24th April
Location: Francesca Maffeo Gallery
Lunch – provided
The course is designed to enable you to confidently build and manage your own high-end website and/or online store. Using Squarespace platform we will support you in the development of a website that cleanly and professionally shows off your work and is easy to manage.
By the end of the course you will have a website and feel confident with updating and managing it!
The course will be run by Francesca Genovese (Director of Francesca Maffeo Gallery) & Jaime Lawson (Founder of space282 & ikanduAdmin ), combining Francesca's skills and expertise of image based websites & design with Jaime's social media, business development and marketing skills.
The course includes a 6 months free website trial.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Make your website unique with customizable settings, including fonts, colours, and page configurations.
- Drag & drop images onto your site
- Easily move, add, and delete sections of a page.
- Add a selection of galleries/indexes to showcase your work.
- Add a store to sell your products or services, and understand all commerce settings.
- Add a blog to share your ideas, and more.
- View how your website works for all devices, so you only have to design your website once. Test and preview how your website will appear on a range of screen sizes. Load content quickly on mobile with Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) from Google.
We will be on hand to help you with every step of the process to build your own website. Including:
- Showing you how to create Blogs and Event pages on your website.
- Upload and edit images.
- Link social media accounts with your website.
- Create enquiry forms and contact page.
- Link your website to your domain.
- You will require your own laptop.
- Please bring all images (high Res) ready in a file on your laptop or on a USB
- Prepare any copy you wish to add to your site.
- Provide us with an email address in order to create a website account.
There are annual or monthly fees with the website for the template and hosting. Prices are from £15 per month depending on the type of website and level of support you require.
The course including lunch and a 6-month free website trial is £125.00. Please register by clicking the link below.